Thank you Jen Brennan for providing me with the answer to the plant mystery. It turns out that my little gem is called the Israeli Ruscus and it has an Italian friend that lasts just as long. I gave Jen her cookies. Well deserved. Here is the recipe for the rest of you.
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 cup Brown sugar (lightly packed)
1 1/4 cup All purpose Flour
1 cup Rolled oats
3/4 cup Coconut (shredded)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl cream together butter, sugar and egg until fluffy. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, then add oats and coconut.
4. Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture and combine well.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Drop by the tablespoon full onto a lightly greased baking sheet or parchment paper.
7.Bake for 12-15 minutes.